Reporting directly to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will lead the finance and accounting team and provide valuable insight into the financial health and operations of the company.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a team of six accountants
- Coordinate and oversee month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Oversee the payroll process and ensure federal and statutory compliance.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and present findings.
- Analyze current reporting and make suggestions to improve and capture relevant data and KPIs.
- Manages relationship with external CPA firm.
- Review and approve commission calculations.
- Assists with client and vendor contracting.
- Acts as the liaison with the property management company, and any other related parties, to address all facility related needs of the company.
- Participates in, and assists with, the annual business insurance and benefit renewal process.
- Oversees and manages collections and billings P&P to ensure compliance with corporate collection policy.
- Minimum 10 years of finance and accounting experience.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Active or inactive CPA license preferred.
- Detail oriented with the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to be a visionary leader and inspire others.
- Experience with percentage of completion accounting
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.