This Data Governance Program Manager is part of the Enterprise Digital Intelligence (Edi) team and is responsible for leading & coordinating the development and on-going adoption of our data governance framework. This role requires knowledge of governance policies, master data requirements, and both business & technical understanding of data and usage. The Data Governance Program Manager will partner closely with data engineers, business owners, data stewards & technical stewards to ensure uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, consistency and accountability of the organization’s data assets.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of data governance framework with a focus on MDM, improving data quality, and protecting critical data
- Provide operational oversight of the data management strategy including maintaining policies and procedures within our data governance framework
- Assign data governance roles & responsibilities to others across the organization
- Establish procedures & workflows to ensure quality control and consistency of data management
- Collaborate with data governance business owners, data owners, technical stewards and data engineers on processes & policies
- Serve as a liaison between functional & technical areas to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, well-understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Create high quality and detailed documentation related to data governance processes and policies
- Define & report on key performance indicators of the program to leaders across the organization
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working with a data governance platform (Informatica, Collibra; familiarity with Collibra essential)
- 2+ years of experience in designing and developing data governance technology solutions that span data quality, data dictionary & business glossaries, data standards and policies; data lineage and catalogs, cloud data platforms, responsible AI and ML Ops processes
- Bachelor's degree in technology or business related field preferred, and/or equivalent practical experience
- High level of understanding of data governance operating model that includes designing a data governance organization, roles and responsibilities, success metrics
- Advanced experience implementing enterprise data concepts such as Master Data Management and Enterprise Data Warehouse, experience with MDM standards
- Understanding of one or more compliance areas is a big plus - CCPA, GDPR, data privacy and security standards;
- Experience with Azure DevOps or AWS
- Knowledge of or interest in data science & machine learning
- Experience with backend infrastructure and how to architect data pipelines
- Experience with data warehouses & cloud technologies
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.