This is a solution driven, collaborative and forward-thinking role, serving as a change agent for the manufacturing organization. By focusing on continuous improvement, this role seeks ways to improve both people and processes. Provides coaching and development of the team and clearly communicates objectives and expectations. Creates and maintains an environment where safety is paramount, people are valued, and responsibilities are understood, with clear communication.
Provides leadership for the manufacturing operations and is responsible for Production Planning, Production, EHS and Facilities functions. Develops and implements plans to efficiently utilize materials, labor, and equipment. Ensures that all parts, assemblies, and final products are produced on schedule and according to established requirements. Leads new product introduction team for transfer of new products into high volume production facility. Coaches, mentors, and supports employee developmental growth. Works with senior leadership to develop manufacturing budgets, goals, and initiatives. Reports to the VP of Operations. Responsible for three manufacturing plants.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish and execute manufacturing plans to meet quality, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Plan, secure, allocate, and protect human, equipment, and financial resources based on capacity and capability requirements.
- Balance manufacturing resources and demand within the manufacturing groups to achieve overall optimization relative to quality, delivery, inventory, and cost.
- Provide leadership to create and support a culture of continuous improvement and encourage “out of the box” thinking.
- Set clear goals for the manufacturing team. Drive accountability for these goals and all company policies through the manufacturing leadership team.
- Optimize cross-functional interfaces to Supply Chain, Product and Process Development, Sales, etc.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Management System (QMS). Included but not limited to optimization, documentation, and training of relevant processes.
- Facilitate smooth interface between Product Development and Manufacturing through effective processes and systems relative to product assignment, product and process documentation, and process development.
- Continuously develop organization and people resources. Balance business requirements and company objectives with employees’ needs, working closely with manufacturing leadership and HR.
- Foster a positive and performance-oriented work environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent in experience, MBA a plus
- Continuous Improvement / Lean experience required.
- 10 years of progressive Operations leadership experience with at least 5 years in a manager level role or above.
- Strong collaboration, leadership, and execution skills.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.