We are building a brand new web property to help our customers. You will work on a small, focused, and highly efficient Scrum team tackling problems and building new things to provide our customers with a great user experience.
The position reports to the Director of Software Engineering and will provide opportunities for career advancement as the company grows.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work within a Scrum team designing and developing software solutions that support our hardware devices
- Mentor other engineers and thoroughly review code
- Apply appropriate design/architectural patterns to practical problems by translating them into working code
- Understand business needs and be capable of translating them into technical solutions
- Communicate frequently and collaboratively with business resources
- Self-motivate and self-manage in a rapid application development environment
- Take ownership of project components
- Keep current on cloud technology: Azure, IoT, etc.
- Define the tools and patterns our software engineers use to build and support our applications
- Work alongside product management to craft technical solutions to solve customer business problems
- Set and achieve annual and quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related work experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficient with web technologies (VueJS preferred)
- Proficient with back end technologies (Java or Groovy preferred)
- Design experience with web-facing UI
- Strong understanding of cloud technology architectures: Azure (what we use) or AWS
- Experience with continuous development and deployment
- Experience building SaaS applications (required) or IoT applications (preferred)
- Are comfortable executing autonomously in the face of ambiguity
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.