Roles & Responsibilities:
HR Generalist Functions:
- Leads health and safety initiatives such as coordinating annual right to know training, updating, and managing SDS site, work comp reporting, and maintaining OSHA logs.
- Conduct new hire orientation and necessary pre-employment onboarding activities includes setting up work area, preparing orientation files and materials and ensuring necessary communication to other departments and sending necessary notifications.
- Conduct off boarding activities including scheduling exit interviews processing terminations and sending necessary notifications and communication to other departments.
- Assist with annual HR initiatives such as performance reviews, open enrollment, HR trainings to include coordination, follow-up, and filing.
- Maintain employee badges ensuring updates occur as requested or needed.
- Lead employee appreciation and engagement events.
- Assist with annual compliance reporting (i.e., OSHA logs, VETs, EEO-1 etc.)
- Serves as a back-up to other Human Resources functions as needed (recruitment and benefits admin).
- Implement new processes and audits of human resources function and systems to streamline and improve department functions.
HRIS and Payroll:
- Process bi-weekly and off-cycle payroll for company, including pre and post processing audits and reporting.
- Accurately and timely prepare payroll paperwork reflective of current pay period changes and routes for necessary approval.
- Maintain and continuously update HRIS and timekeeping system to reflective employment, position information, employment status, reporting structure and deduction changes.
- File and organize all bi-weekly payroll reports and backup electronically.
- Creates and compiles scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and employment data as needed or requested.
- Serves as a point of contact for employee questions regarding their paycheck. Take responsibility and ensure that appropriate action and follow-up is taken where necessary.
- Respond to employment verification requests and garnishment orders including sending required notices to employees.
- Responsible for updating state, local and federal tax rates in payroll system in coordination with payroll vendor.
- Distribute live paychecks and W-2s to employees.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for payroll processes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in several of the following areas – recruiting using social media, new employee orientation, employee relations & communications, benefits, and policy administration, HRIS reporting and optimization, and HR process improvement
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, able to create and modify moderately complex Microsoft Word and Excel documents
- Must enjoy creating user friendly information
- Must be detail-oriented, and enjoy organizing, prioritizing, tracking, and following through on tasks to be completed; keeping others informed of progress relative to expectations
- Must enjoy building relationships, collaboration, and teamwork
- Must be a self-starter, identifying opportunities for process improvement
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.