The Regional Credit Officer plays a key role in the loan approval process and overall portfolio management for their assigned market. The Regional Credit Officer will be the primary contact for commercial lenders, underwriters, product specialists, and senior leadership within their region for all new, renewals, and/or modifications of credit. As such they will be entrusted to maintain and ensure the commercial extension of credit within their purview is within the Bank's risk appetite and properly managed. The position further contributes to effective risk management through granting credit approval within prescribed limits. Position will lead and manage the underwriting team within their market. Responsible for performance management, as well as ensuring the integrity of loan processing and credit administration within their market. Position is in Minnetonka, with hybrid flexibility available.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Propose and Negotiate Lending Solutions - 40%
- This position is responsible for providing credit support to both Commercial Lenders and Underwriters in their market in the decisioning, administering and overseeing commercial credit as outlined in the bank’s loan policy.
- In partnership with the Lender and Underwriter, develop a comprehensive understanding of customer’s financial needs, and formulate a plan of action for loan structure, monitoring, and servicing of loan relationship. Work with Commercial Bankers and credit staff to properly structure credit requests to achieve quality loan growth. Conversely, provide an efficient and transparent guidance and communication to Lenders and Underwriters when an opportunity would not fit the Bank's risk appetite.
- Knowledgeable of and ability to propose loan programs as appropriate (SBA, USDA, FSA, etc.).
- Support the bank’s growth and loan quality goals by ensuring that loan policies and procedures are properly adhered to.
- Approve loans within the positions delegated credit authority and facilitate approvals for relationships requiring higher level of approval.
- Be present and participate in the discussion of any loan committee presentations of credits.
Personnel Management - 40%
- Manage workflow among underwriters, conduct weekly UW team meetings to discuss workloads and reassign priorities as needed to ensure timely completion in line with client expectations.
- Provide day to day oversight, monitoring, and performance management of staff. Create performance plans and ensure timely reviews for all underwriting staff.
- Obtain monthly loan review completion data and work with staff to ensure team and individual goals are met.
- Generate periodic monitoring reports on the market’s portfolio / pipeline.
- Under the direction of the Chief Credit Officer, assist with Human Resources to hire and staff underwriting positions as needed.
- Train and develop staff through individual training plans and assist in various training initiatives related to credit with coordination alongside the CCO.
Credit Administration - 20%
- Manage ongoing administration of credit relationships through oversight of annual review process, management of ticklers and payment status.
- Develop strong knowledge of the Bank's systems; maintain a solid working relationship with loan closing and loan operations staff.
- Coordinate with other credit team members to keep electronic forms and resources up to date (loan policy, credit display forms, etc.)
- Assist, as necessary, with regulatory and internal audit reviews and internal credit reviews.
- Participate in projects as directed by the CCO as a credit subject matter expert.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent education, including upper-level courses in finance and accounting.
- 10 or more years of experience working in commercial credit.
- 5 or more years of experience in personnel management and supervision.
- Strong desire to build relationships within the organization and effective working relationships with co-workers in credit and business development positions.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Self-starter with established ability to work effectively with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Good analytical skills.
- Team player.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.