The Compensation Analyst performs support activities by assisting with the development, implementation and administration of compensation practices and identifies opportunities for improvement to Compensation policies and practices and makes recommendations to the Head of Total Rewards. This position will assist in researching business intelligence for general and executive compensation, modeling financial scenarios, analyzing, and presenting data, and making recommendations consistent with business and total rewards strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist to ensure compensation is competitive within the market and consistent with organizational principles and total rewards philosophies.
- Assists in the development and administration of employee salary administration programs by performing the following duties.
- Develop and implement salary administration guidelines.
- Identify best practices for compensation administration.
- Manage compliance related to compensation, including but not limited to conducting FLSA assessments, review Common Law Questionnaires to determine the accurate classification based on IRS guidelines, analyze employee groups for purposes of internal pay equity and monitor and audit pay practices to ensure compliance with policies, guidelines, and wage and hour laws.
- Ensure compensation practices align with compensation philosophies and go-to-market strategies
- Manage all compensation-related changes, including focal increases, market adjustments, equity adjustments and related changes.
- Review proposed salary actions to ensure conformance with established guidelines and policies.
- Responding to client-related requests, as appropriate.
- Lead job analysis process. Create, develop, review, and maintain job descriptions to ensure FLSA compliance, consistency across the organization, and that they accurately reflect the responsibilities of each position.
- Research, gather, and analyze data to determine the appropriate salary level and job title for existing and proposed positions via systematic job evaluation processes. Review and classify new and/or existing position descriptions to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and guide Regional HR Directors with placement on wage scale. Assist in updating paygrade structures as needed
- Work within systems, ensures all aspects of job creation are addressed in a timely manner i.e., creation of position in Dayforce (HRIS), posting of new and/or revised position descriptions in applicable network locations. Build, modify, end positions in HRIS to ensure available for site utilization.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Compensation Handbook procedures and policies to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements in accordance with annual review by compensation committee. Provide group or one on one training to HR managers, hiring managers, site leaders, etc. on hiring guidelines and pay practices.
- Conduct research to understand industry and organization-specific issues, including financial information, compensation and rewards and organization performance.
- Conduct benchmark reviews and market pricing of jobs, including analysis of pay structures, internal pay equity, updates to paygrades, and job leveling activities for new and updated roles
- Participate in salary surveys and analyzes results to determine market relationship. Research market trends, monitor competition and recommend (as needed) changes or modifications to wage scales, pay practices, position classification, or pay adjustments. Develop recommendations to adjust salary structure in response to changing organizational needs and market values.
- Analyze current organizational pay practices and makes recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity. Use published or conducts ad hoc surveys to obtain and analyze market pay rates. Makes recommendations on appropriate pay grade level. Reviews recommendations within guidelines for internal equity. Prepares reports on findings and completes administrative steps to formalize recommendations.
- Assist the Total Rewards leader or other senior HR leaders with the coordination of compensation projects such as reports for the Board of Directors, integration of new communities via acquisition, legal partnerships, greenfield sites, etc.
- Research special compensation programs or incentive systems to support the objectives.
- Administration of organization-wide recognition programs
- Assist with report and proposal writing as it relates to describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis and results as well as proofing for accuracy.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of available resources. Assist in the care and maintenance of departmental equipment, supplies, work areas, and facilities; obtain supplies and equipment as needed.
- Promote continuous self-development and growth. Exhibit technical competence in the field by being familiar with and ensuring compliance with regulations and established best practices. Maintain current knowledge of community resources and organization and industry policies and practices. Use discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and decision-making.
- Support the integration of Christian Culture through communication and education systems.
- Other areas as identified to support aligned goal setting and achievement as driven by the Vice President Human Resources.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Human Resources, Business Administration, finance, economics, statistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Minimum two years Compensation experience including compensation design, administration, and data analysis with knowledge of Human Resources principles and best practices in compensation including job analysis and evaluation.
- One to two years of business-related experience is preferred, preferably involving data analysis and financial modeling.
- Technical knowledge and experience working in HR information systems (e.g., Ceridian Dayforce), and with Microsoft Suite.
- Experience with various salary survey tools.
- Experience working in multi-state, multi-site health care-related firm is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs; strong attention to detail.
- Confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with mission and operating philosophies.
- Christian Ministry - Reflect the love of God
- Ready & Engaged People - Create ownership and utilize strengths
- Operational Integrity - Do what we said we would do
- Service Excellence - Create an exceptional customer experience
- Stewardship - Optimize resources and expand ministry
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.