Our client is best known for developing motion testing hardware and software, but their biggest strength comes from their own people and culture.
This great company offers a R&D rich, fast-paced environment to develop the next generation of controls. Entrepreneurial approach to solutions, with an environment that allows independent decision making and creative solutions. High visibility, but a smaller company feel to work collaboratively. Great work life balance and flexibility.
Their team of professional problem solvers ask all the right questions, identifies even the smallest opportunities, and seeks out answers where only the brave dare to go. Our client never allows a challenge to get in their way and they are relentless in helping their customers succeed. They move forward!
This role will provide mechanical engineering expertise for our client’s products and testing solutions. Typical responsibilities are to plan, concept and create the mechanical designs. While not being an expert in all areas of the product, the successful mechanical engineer will have a working knowledge on how the mechanical system interacts with the electrical and software portions of the product. The position also requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, start projects with minimal parameters, complete assignments accurately and on schedule, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability bring out the best in other team members.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Apply principles and practices of mechanical engineering to plan and design the mechanical system for the Client’s products.
- Develop CAD models for the systems designed.
- Generate and provide supporting calculations of the design.
- Prepare technical drawings and specifications for components and the entire system.
- Create and generate Bill of Materials for the system.
- Develop and coordinate test procedures to ensure operation of equipment meets quality standards, regulations, and customer requirements.
- Act as technical lead with engineers, program management, customers, and management to discuss existing or future engineering products and projects.
- Provide mechanical expertise to assembly, integration team and customer support as needed.
- Provide estimates for labor, material, and other costs for quotes and timeline development.
- Participate and lead within the guidelines of the Entrepreneurial Operation System
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and other regulatory standards.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8-10 years of mechanical engineering design experience.
- Experience in 3D CAD Modeling and Design with knowledge in Solid Edge preferred.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Location is Eastern North Dakota
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.