This senior project engineer will interact directly with customer technical staff to understand their requirements and translate concepts into systems for their processes. As the technical expert on a project team, present design solutions and ideas to the team. Working in a fast-paced environment, exhibit knowledge and poise as appropriate as the representative of the company to the customer. Notable experience in the Food and Beverage Process industry is preferred or familiarity with other application segments such as Pharmaceutical, Pressure Vessels, Vacuum Products, Process Equipment. In this role, the successful candidate will be able to fully utilize his or her engineering and manufacturing expertise. Be conversant with regulations in the Food and Beverage industry and maintain up to date knowledge of developments in the industry by networking with other experts in the industry and academia.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own. Development of customer solutions for food & beverage processing applications.
- Ideation. Develop system designs from concepts or requirements provided by the customer resulting in a budgetary quote including material, labor, and non-recurring engineering costs.
- Execution. Review customer specifications, requirements, and guide and oversee engineers and drafters to develop system designs, drawings, equipment, parts list, and specification to best meet customers’ requirements, including cost and performance as key design variables.
- Teamwork. Participate in interactions with production to ensure that the design meets manufacturability capabilities especially with attention to tolerances and manufacturing variances.
- Customer site visits to better understand the requirements, for complex and large systems or projects that require onsite installation.
- Review customer models and drawings for missing or incorrect information required in producing the customer’s part through to completion.
- Understand P&ID and perform engineering calculations to size components to meet performance requirements such as speed, torque, flow rate, stress, fatigue, pressure, and other parameters.
- Knowledge of machining, welding and fabrication processes is very beneficial.
- Ensure that the intended product will be safe, dependable, cost effective and meet regulatory requirements.
- Sufficient familiarity with SolidWorks to be able to view and navigate 3D models.
- Some familiarity with ERP systems (preferably Made to Manage) to be able to view job bills of materials and routings as they apply to quotes, sales orders, and travelers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and promote a “team” approach throughout the organization.
- Ensure that a favorable Company image is presented to customers, and that all customer relationships are based on honesty and integrity.
- Play an active role in project related kick off meetings to assist in the development of project timelines, requirements, and customer delivery schedules.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Machine Design or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Solid experience with product/system design and manufacturing, especially Design for Manufacturability.
- Experience in the Food and Beverage Process industry a plus.
- Experience developing products for applications such as pharmaceutical, pressure vessel, vacuum products, or process equipment is helpful.
- Familiarity with software/controls engineering and system design principles preferred.
- 3D CAD experience required, SOLIDWORKS preferred.
- ASME, FEA calculations preferred.
- Experience with FMEA, DVP&R, Quality Control, Site-Installation a plus.
- Familiarity with ERP systems a plus (preferably Made2Manage).
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.