The Senior Vice President for Finance & Accounting will partner with the President and CEO, along with other leaders, to drive internal improvements for this growing organization. As a mission driven SVP, communication and continuous improvement are the keys to success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial, human resources, facilities, information technology, contract management, investment funds for the Foundation.
- Oversee the finance and accounting functions of the Foundation and ensure it develops, implements and manages internal controls and procedures.
- Duties will include but not be limited to working closely with the President, the Board of Directors, and the Investment and Audit Committee of the Board on budgets and revenue estimates; serve as a thought-partner with President/CEO for strategic and critical analysis of risks, opportunities, and challenges.
- Direct and manage all financial processes, projects, systems and reporting; Manage controller
- Manage annual budgeting process
- Direct management of HR / Payroll function
- Direct management of organization’s IT systems; Manage Information Systems Manager
- Direct investment management
- Direct risk management
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field with a preferred focus or specialization in Accounting or Finance or Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting or financial reporting experience.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or related field
- Communication skills consistent with reporting to Board of Directors, President, Leadership and Staff
- Proficiency in information systems and technology and/or cloud-based computer systems
- Experience in both private and public or non-profit sectors
- Proficiency in human resources and talent management
- Experience supervising senior-level staff
- Customer service skills for internal and external customers including but not limited to staff, fund advisors, donors, agency contacts, investment managers, etc.
- Passion for the mission of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.