The VP of Finance has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, financial planning and analysis, forecasting, and strategic planning.
The position will be pivotal in the development of all strategic and operational planning for the company, financing relationships, and all other assigned activities. The VP of Finance will collaborate extensively with senior managers across the company’s multiple divisions in the improvement, creation, and implementation of corporate strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounting and reporting, financial planning & analysis, treasury, risk management, and tax policies and practices which impact and control the company’s operations, assets, management processes and information systems.
- Partner with senior management to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, business ventures, customer profitability, and cost control.
- Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as well as in the development and execution of corporate strategies and acquisitions.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends, working with department heads to understand and improve processes.
- Supervise annual budget and forecast process with linkage to key performance metrics to highlight operating issues/challenges or profit opportunities to drive performance.
- Develop and oversee the preparation of accurate and timely monthly and annual financial reporting including evaluating existing financial reporting, planning, and analysis in order to enhance the company’s overall financial infrastructure.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Advise from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Develop and manage, recruiting where necessary, a team of qualified financial professionals motivated to achieve common goals and maintain the highest level of trust and integrity throughout the company.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline from four-year college or university; MBA and CPA highly preferred.
- Fifteen or more years of leadership experience and progression in Finance roles, with demonstrated ability to independently run a finance function end-to-end, leading the entire spectrum of finance and accounting operations.
- Experience in performing due diligence with both organic growth opportunities as well as add-on acquisitions.
- Experience in building complex business cases in support of strategic and operational initiatives.
- Proven organizational agility skills and the ability to establish credibility quickly and build confidence with key stakeholders and internal partners.
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to move seamlessly from big system thinking to operational, hands-on execution
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Financial management.
- Business acumen.
- Proven ethical conduct.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Strategic thinking.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals.
At Versique, we believe people are more than a resume. People invent, propel, unearth, and build. They transform teams, markets, industries, and bottom lines. People do more than just fill an open position. They open greater potential. We’re here to help fill your human potential and build your human capacity. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique”, hinting at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation.
In 2019, 2020, and 2021 Versique was recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace, was nominated as a Best of Business Finalist by Twin Cities Business, and made the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal's list of Twin Cities Largest Executive Search Firms.
We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Let’s find your people together. And make the best possible.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.