The Software Engineering Manager manages and oversees the design and development of software applications and directs the work of software engineers to ensure the best practices around software development. This position will use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary organization. Project work requires the ability to execute well across the entire development lifecycle and within each of the application layers: presentation, business logic, and data. This position will both direct and work on application design, and development utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs and provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems; and ensures quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervise the software engineering positions.
- Responsible for the hiring, performance management and development.
- Accountable for the design, develop and deliver code that is necessary to support new feature developments and enhancements in an agile environment
- Accountable for delivery of unit tests and automated tests with all code to prove correctness, robustness, and scalability
- Serve as an expert resource to help create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables
- Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns.
- Interface with 3rd party data vendors to consume 3rd Party APIs
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment.
- Accountable for the delivery of internal user facing UI using RESTful APIs and modern frontend frameworks
- Address issues and mitigate risks, communicate status to business stakeholders, IT leaders and other IT teams impacted by the project
- Participate in the preparation of Technology Roadmap
- Comply with all professional departmental as well as company best practices
- Demonstrate strong leadership by developing healthy team culture via coaching, mentoring, training and hiring.
- Support teams in managing cross product/cross-team technical dependencies
- Provide hands on support with the implementation, as needed
- Contribute to development testing automation practices and frameworks, including unit, functional, integration, end to end, load, and performance
- Partner with Scrum Master to support team’s growth and autonomy through servant leadership and agile practices
- Performance management activities, including the creation of training and career plans for members of the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS, or related technical field; or, a minimum of 4 years of equivalent professional experience and high school diploma/GED
- 1 – 3 years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of full-stack web platform software engineering experience
- Strong experience in one or more of the following technologies: .NET, .NET CORE, Web API
- Experience with modern UI web development i.e. ReactJS, Angular, Vue
- Strong experience with database design: SQL/NoSQL/Entity Framework or LINK to SQL
- Azure experience including serverless technologies (Azure Functions), microservices and containerization
- Experience building distributed and scalable applications utilizing REST services and messaging technologies
- Collaborative team player/servant leader, comfortable working in agile environment and balancing both forward-looking and practical concerns
- Experienced with event-driven, resilient, scalable, and performing architectures
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Approachable and optimistic leader, who exhibits positive attitude and supports team growing through change.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines (Harness preferable), feature flags, Github
- Experience with successful implementation of automated testing development practices, including some of the following: unit, functional, integration, front-end, e2e, load & performance, security, canary
- Proficiency with object-oriented design in a modern programming language
- Strong understanding of authorization and authentication
- Messaging experience with RabbitMQ/Kafka/etc.
- Knowledge of domain driven design, software design patterns and design principles
- Self-starter with strong desire to learn new concepts, processes, and technologies
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.