LOCAL MINNESOTA CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
Our client is seeking a Portfolio Manager for its Corporate Banking segment. The primary responsibility will be underwriting and decisioning applicable lending opportunities while balancing risk and growth. Responsibilities include ensuring loan structures are appropriate and consistent with bank lending standards, assigning an appropriate asset quality rating, completing an appropriate level of underwriting for the risk and size of the loan opportunity, and decisioning applications with assigned lending authority in a fast-paced, high volume environment. This individual will collaborate with Corporate Relationship Managers, internal support staff, and others to provide credit expertise and support the commercial loan origination and review process.
Underwrite and Decision Loans (per applicable segmentation: Corporate, Commercial, CRE, or Specialty)
- Underwrite and decision renewals and new credit requests focusing on appropriate due diligent, risk assessment and asset quality ratings (AQR)
- Meet quality standards as outlined in the Bank's underwriting guidelines and policy; evaluation by Loan Review, OCC, and/or others may identify unacceptable underwriting or inaccurate asset quality ratings (AQR)
- Meet or exceed productivity expectations for annual credit approval memorandum (CAM) volume
- Make prudent credit decisions balancing risk and growth; utilize assigned lending authority based on approval authority matrix to exercise granted authority confidently, independently via problem solving/sound decision making and with integrity
- Produce a high quality and accurate analysis while also not sacrificing efficiency in a fast-paced, high volume environment juggling multiple requests while adhering to client driven response timelines, etc.
Partner with respective Relationship Managers (per applicable segmentation: Corporate, Commercial, CRE, or Specialty Commercial, Corporate, CRE, or Specialty) as well as Treasury Management Partners
- Provide credit expertise using a consultative approach; assist in structuring loans applying proficient knowledge, understanding, and application of the Bank's guidelines/standards/policies, risk assessment and analysis; effectively communicate risks, questions, and options to RM seeking win-win solutions.
- Deliver exceptional internal customer service and adopt new processes and new tools, as available.
- Develop and enhance knowledge of assigned segmentation and portfolio by leveraging internal and external resources and expertise
- Partner well with associates on revenue generating sales team, support teams and others in Credit to ensure a collaborative, team, and empowered environment
Monitor Portfolio (per applicable segmentation: Corporate, Commercial, CRE, or Specialty)
- Accurately assign asset quality ratings (AQR)
- Work with assigned Relationship Managers to monitor the credit portfolio to maintain strong asset quality; review trend analysis reports, address default situations, delinquencies, review maturing notes, receipt of financial information, review covenant default and Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC) reports and other reports as appropriate.
- Prepare credit data in Special Assets Assessment and Action Summary (SAAAS) and Upgrade Hurdles, as necessary, working with assigned Relationship Managers
- Specialty segmentation Portfolio Managers may monitor overlines and Treasury Management/ACH risk reports or other trends, as appropriate
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field OR equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years credit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently (with limited oversight), understand, analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Understands and takes appropriate action related to risks associated with lending to various types of industries.
- Basic knowledge of loan structuring, borrowing causes and lending regulations; ability to comply and conform to the Bank's lending policies, guidelines and standards.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions and communicate those decisions clearly and effectively to the internal/external client quickly given the high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to actively listen, quickly identify issues as well as opportunities when they arise, and problem solve in real-time to move the work accordingly.
- Must feel comfortable working in a collaborative team environment along with being an independent thinker.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.