This newly created role is responsible for timely month-end close processing and preparing related account reconciliations and financial statements among other duties. This role is an integral part of an expanding Accounting department in a rapidly growing consumer products company!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Timely month-end close processing and preparation of related account reconciliations as well as financial statements.
- Payment systems management, including both Accounts Payable and Credit Card program administration
- Maintenance and review of 3rd party payroll processing system to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions
- Ensure tax compliance with all federal, state, and local agencies
- Lead, coach and develop Accounting team to ensure optimal performance and effective collaboration with all key partners
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA (preferred)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Great interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in high-growth environment, requiring flexibility and adaptability
- Industry experience within CPG/Retail/Manufacturing/Wholesale/Consumer Goods
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, standards and regulations
- Experience in working with SAP (preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior data management and data analysis skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.