This is a new HR Director opportunity for a growing manufacturing company. This position will work with the CFO to coordinate and manage the company’s HR policies and programs including benefits, performance management, employee relations, and safety. Offices located in Brooklyn Park, MN, Richmond, VA, Oklahoma City, OK, and Albert Lea, MN.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create and implement HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures aligned with the overall business strategy and state/federal legal compliance.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues while maintaining confidentiality.
- Nurture a positive working environment through participation in employee engagement programs.
- Responsible for the recruiting, screening and evaluation of candidates for production and staff positions in accordance with company and HR guidelines and practices.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits programs.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Oversee the company’s worker’s compensation program.
- Coordinate relationships with schools and the states for the company’s grants related to education and training.
- Process all employee related paperwork including new hire paperwork, payroll/personnel changes, address changes, etc., and maintain personnel files.
- Complete unemployment documentation and participate in hearings for assigned locations.
- Complete projects and assignments as assigned.
- Ensure the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization.
- Administer the company’s safety program ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulations, and communicate requirements with remote facilities.
- Facilitate the MN location’s Safety Committee, including organizing meetings, posting minutes, and following up on action items.
- Manage the HR team.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Maintain timekeeping for direct reports in the payroll system.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Responsible for the training of direct reports.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and legal regulations. Undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or related degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience performing a combination of recruitment, safety, and generalist activities for concurrent openings.
- Knowledge of HR principles practices/processes and employment laws, and an understanding of business strategy and concepts.
- Ability to work in a high-growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.